Current Events:

I have been doing some thinking and I've come to the conclusion that I need to take a temporary break from book blogging. NOTE: Any tour stops that I've committed to will be honored. I have decided that I want to combine my love of books, blogging, knitting, movies digital photography and life in general into 1 blog so that I don't feel so overwhelmed. Right now I feel like my book blogging is a job, I already have one of those. My plan is to come back in the near future with a new blog and a new plan.

My Weight Loss Progress

Sunday, November 21, 2010

2011 Debut Author Challenge

Hosted By: The Story Siren

2011 Debut Author Challenge participant information:
  • The objective of the DAC is to read at least twelve novels from Young Adult or Middle Grade Authors. While twelve is the minimum there is no maximum limit! I encourage readers who can read more than twelve to do so!
  • Anyone can join. You don't have to be a blogger, and you don't have to live in the United States. 
  • You do not have to have an blog written in English to participate. 
  • You can join at anytime. The challenge runs from January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011. 

Qualifying books:
  • Books must be a Young Adult or Middle Grade novel.
  • This must be the authors debut with a release date in 2011
  • If an author has a previous novel published under adult fiction/nonfiction or children's fiction/nonfiction, they can still qualify for the challenge if they are releasing their YA or MG debut. 

I've tried to compose a list of 2011 Debut Authors, you can find a spreadsheet below. If you now of a debut title that I've missed, please fill out this form so that I can submit it to my spreadsheet. Please note this is a list of US debuts only. I am in the process of getting a list of UK debuts and hoping to possibly get an AUS debut list as well.
More challenge guidelines:
  • Novels must be read between January 1, 2011- December 31, 2011. That means, those of you that have read arc forms of the titles early will not be able to count those toward your challenge totals. 
  • You can use debuts from other countries, but the novel cannot be previously released in your county. (I explain this a little bit more in the FAQ section, if you want to check that out!)
MY PROPOSED LIST (so far, more to come):

Unearthly - Cynthia Hand
The False Princess - Eilis O'Neal
Across The Universe - Beth Revis
The Iron Witch - Karen Mahoney
Tiger's Curse - Colleen Houck
Timeless - Alexandra Monir
Where I Belong - Gwendolyn Heasley
The Iron Thorn - Caitlin Kittredge
Darkness Becomes Her - Kelly Keaton
The Demon Trapper's Daughter - Jana Oliver
XVI - Julia Karr
Griffin Rising - Darby Karchut

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've got the same books in my list for : The false princess, across the universe, the iron witch and... Unherthly :D I can't wait to read this one !
2011 will be amazing !

Jamie said...

@ifmary....I totally agree with you...2011 is going to be AMAZING book wise!

the story siren said...

thanks so much for joining the challenge! happy reading and good luck!