Current Events:

I have been doing some thinking and I've come to the conclusion that I need to take a temporary break from book blogging. NOTE: Any tour stops that I've committed to will be honored. I have decided that I want to combine my love of books, blogging, knitting, movies digital photography and life in general into 1 blog so that I don't feel so overwhelmed. Right now I feel like my book blogging is a job, I already have one of those. My plan is to come back in the near future with a new blog and a new plan.

My Weight Loss Progress

Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

This review was originally posted on The Book Junkie's Bookshelf on July 28, 2010.


WHERE HAS THIS BOOK BEEN "ALL MY LIFE?!" Since I've started book blogging I've come across many reviews of this book and the vast majority of them have been really shining reviews. But it wasn't until last week that I actually took the book off my shelf and read it. I'd like to thank my co-workers for that....They were talking about the book at work and started giving me crap cause I hadn't read it yet. As my co-workers say....."It's Awesome Sauce!"

I really don't know what to say beyond the above words that are in all capital letters. I don't want to say to much because I don't want to give anything away....I'm occasionally bad about putting in unintentional spoilers. I LOVED this book. I LOVED the story line, I totally felt like I was there. The main character is very real and relatable, you totally feel her pain. The secondary characters are also written in a very real and relatable fashion. The games themselves are written in a way that it paints a vivid and brutal picture of what it must be like for these kids. I guess the only problem I had with the book was the end....I didn't want it to end....cause when the book came to an end I'd have to wait to start reading Catching Fire because I lent it to a friend to read.

No comments: