Current Events:

I have been doing some thinking and I've come to the conclusion that I need to take a temporary break from book blogging. NOTE: Any tour stops that I've committed to will be honored. I have decided that I want to combine my love of books, blogging, knitting, movies digital photography and life in general into 1 blog so that I don't feel so overwhelmed. Right now I feel like my book blogging is a job, I already have one of those. My plan is to come back in the near future with a new blog and a new plan.

My Weight Loss Progress

Friday, December 3, 2010

Friday Blog Hops

GIVEAWAYS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM!
Book Blogger Hop

"What very popular and hyped book in the blogosphere did you NOT enjoy and how did you feel about posting your review?"

I was really lukewarm on Radiance.  It just didn't live up to all the good reviews I had read on it through out the book blog community.




What do you do besides reading / reviewing as a hobby??

For me I like to watch movies, cook, travel (I REALLY want to go to Ireland!) and use my digital camera.  I also like to snuggle in my nice warm bed with my two dogs Augusta ("Gus) and Laci.

I have a couple of giveaways going on too!

Matched

The Mockingbirds

7 comments:

The Insouciant Sophisticate said...

Haven't read Radiance but it's always hard when bloggers you like and respect love a book and you don't. I know it makes me feel like I'm wrong but I can't force myself to like a book.

My Hop

Jen (@ Jens Book Closet) said...

Just stopping by from the BH and FF. First off I'd like to say that the first couple books in that (companion?) series by Alyson Noel I liked. Well, really I liked Evermore. Blue Moon wasn't as good and the 3rd I really didn't like. So, I haven't read the 4th and it really turned me off from reading Radiance.

Also, Ireland rocks! I did go there (with my camera) and I don't know when I've had so much fun. I think one of my favorite places there was Trinity College. Also, weirdly enough, the 2 story burger king was fun too! LOL!
I'm your newest follower and can't wait to see what you post next.

Jen
In the Closet With a Bibliophile

Brenda said...

I'd love to visit Ireland, too. I also love to travel, but we just never really get to.

Howard Sherman said...

I love it! A question pertaining something other than books! Here's the
short list of what I'm doing when I'm not reading:

Cooking, gaming, gambling, drinking, smoking, golfing and sometimes even
watching TV.

I expound on all of the above at my blog. Follow me here -
http://www.howardsherman.net

Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

Susan said...

Ireland would be wonderful! So much history. Your review of Radiance seems fairly positive overall-- balanced. It's a fair review and that's what stimulates conversation.

Aimee said...

I haven't read Radiance. I would love to see Ireland too! I have irish roots on both sides of my family. I'm a new follower! My hop is at Coffee Table Press

Aylee said...

Hmm, yes I've heard mixed things about Radiance. I'll probably pass.