Current Events:

I have been doing some thinking and I've come to the conclusion that I need to take a temporary break from book blogging. NOTE: Any tour stops that I've committed to will be honored. I have decided that I want to combine my love of books, blogging, knitting, movies digital photography and life in general into 1 blog so that I don't feel so overwhelmed. Right now I feel like my book blogging is a job, I already have one of those. My plan is to come back in the near future with a new blog and a new plan.

My Weight Loss Progress

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Teaser Tuesday ~ Matched by Ally Condie

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Synopsis: 
 
Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.





Teaser:

"The inside of the dining hall looks nicer than a regular meal hall, too. 'Look,' Xander says. Flickering lights in the center of each table simulate an old romantic system of lighting, candles." p. 192

10 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

Interesting thought! Happy Reading!

Teaser Tuesady: Miss Hildreth Wore Brown by Olivia deBelle Byrd

K said...

Cool teaser! I'm getting this in the mail and can't wait to read it. I'm a new follower, here's mine: Dreaming By Day

Kristy

Tales of Whimsy said...

Interesting. I want more now :)

Aylee said...

Sounds like a unique world they live in. Can't wait to read!

Anonymous said...

Here is my teaser from Witchgrass: A Pipe Dream by Dave Wilkinson (Page 1):

Most gardeners hate witchgrass. Of all weeds it is one of the most persistent and adaptable. Any small piece of rhizome left in the soil can become an aggressive plant ready to take over the plot. Witchgrass is hard to pull. Roots are deep, and break off easily. Any part left in the ground will grow again. Farmers say the species isn't even good as hay, not as good as timothy or alfalfa. Some call it quickgrass.

Early New England colonists blamed evil people for this garden invader. In the seventeenth century villagers would speak this way:

"The surly woman living alone on her dead husband's estate. She goes into the woods and consorts with the Devil. Signs his book. Fornicates with him. Eats mushrooms. She and the Devil send witchgrass to harass the virtuous and the Godly. Let us hang this witch and seize her rich farm."

Mystica said...

Different certainly.

My post is also up along with my first giveaway. Please do come visit.

Steph: Short and Sweet said...

I have to read this!

Jenny Q said...

I thought this book was great! My teaser is from Across the Universe, and I'm giving away a pair of romances, too!

Julie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and checking out my IMM. I've read mixed reviews on Matched, but I'm very excited to read it. I want to see how it "matches" up to Delirium. I read that a while ago. According to the synopsis, it's very similar. Love the teaser!

T.B. said...

Just got Matched today and can't wait to read it! Your teasers are enticing me even more!