Current Events:

I have been doing some thinking and I've come to the conclusion that I need to take a temporary break from book blogging. NOTE: Any tour stops that I've committed to will be honored. I have decided that I want to combine my love of books, blogging, knitting, movies digital photography and life in general into 1 blog so that I don't feel so overwhelmed. Right now I feel like my book blogging is a job, I already have one of those. My plan is to come back in the near future with a new blog and a new plan.

My Weight Loss Progress

Monday, October 25, 2010

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White **tiny spoilers**

Title: Paranormalcy
Author: Kiersten White
Series: 
Genre: YA, Paranormal, Romance
Publisher: HarperCollins
Release Date: 2010, August
Format: Hardcover, 335 pages
Source: E-Book bought via Barnes and Noble 
Rating: 5/5

Synopsis (from Barnes and Noble):
Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours.

But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.


Review:
OMG!  This book was "bleeping"(read the book and you'll understand) AWESOME!  I had heard so much about this book in the weeks leading up to it's release that I decided that I needed to check it out. Evie, the main character, is able to see through other paranormals' "glamour" to what's really underneath...Like for example: Vampires....On the outside sex but underneath the glamour 'oh so NOT sexy'.  Evie thinks she's just a "normal" teenager that is able to do something "interesting" when it comes to paranormals.  But then bad things start to happen, paranormals start dying and Evie learns a couple secrets about herself.
Reth, her ex-boyfriend, who happens to be a faerie is crazy!  Through most of the book you think he's on one side but by the end you realize you were oh so wrong.  That all his craziness was supposed to be "helpful."  Then there's Lend, a shape shifting hottie!  He gets captured by the IPCA and is held prisoner for awhile.  When the center comes under attack Evie helps Lend escape.  Then we learn a little bit about Lend's life prior to being captured.
I loved the way that the story was written.  All of the dialogue for Evie and Lend were written in a way that was very believable.  Things that teens would actually say.  The dialogue for the other characters in the book were written in a very "grown up" manner....things that adults would say. The way things were described were very vivid as well.
Overall, I can hardly wait to read more of this series!  I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a fresh take on paranormal YA fiction.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to be reading this one in the next week or so and I'm really excited about it. Thanks for posting such an awesome review of it.

Alison Can Read said...

Hi. Congrats on the new blog/spin-off. I'm your 3rd follower. I love, loved Paranormalcy. One of my favorite books of the year. It's so nice to see a nice, kind-of-normal love interest. As much as I love Edward and his ilk, it's nice to escape from angst every once in awhile.

Miss Page-Turner said...

Oh I love the cover! Will read your review after I've read this novel. Can't wait!:)

Bella said...

I've read the first couple of chapters of Paranormalcy, and I cannot wait to read the rest! I can tell it's going to be amazing! Thanks for the review =]