Current Events:

I have been doing some thinking and I've come to the conclusion that I need to take a temporary break from book blogging. NOTE: Any tour stops that I've committed to will be honored. I have decided that I want to combine my love of books, blogging, knitting, movies digital photography and life in general into 1 blog so that I don't feel so overwhelmed. Right now I feel like my book blogging is a job, I already have one of those. My plan is to come back in the near future with a new blog and a new plan.

My Weight Loss Progress

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Teaser Tuesday #1 ~ Hunger edition

Synopsis:

“Thou art the Black Rider. Go thee out unto the world.”

Lisabeth Lewis has a black steed, a set of scales, and a new job: she’s been appointed Famine. How will an anorexic seventeen-year-old girl from the suburbs fare as one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?

Traveling the world on her steed gives Lisa freedom from her troubles at home: her constant battle with hunger, and her struggle to hide it from the people who care about her. But being Famine forces her to go places where hunger is a painful part of everyday life, and to face the horrifying effects of her phenomenal power. Can Lisa find a way to harness that power — and the courage to battle her own inner demons?


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
The Teaser:

"Blinking, Lisa looked up and saw Death smiling at her.  The part of her ruled by hormones couldn't help but notice how damn cute he was.  The rest of her screamed that her hormones had a, ha-ha, death wish."

9 comments:

Harris Channing said...

What an intersting book! I'm not big into YA but this one sounds so good, I might give it a try! Thanks for sharing!

Here's mine: http://harrischanningauthor.blogspot.com//

CHRISTIE said...

Fabulous teaser! I’ve heard this is an amazing book.

New follower :)

Belinda said...

LOL how funny. I have this book on my kindle waiting to be read. Can't wait to now thanks to your teaser :)

The Bookish Snob - Shades of Desire by LM Pruitt

Lori said...

I have heard good things about this book. I hope that you enjoy it. Check out my MY Teaser For Tuesday. Happy Reading.

Jennifer said...

A very interesting teaser and synopsis. How are you liking the book? My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesdays-as-the-sycamore-grows.html

Miss Page-Turner said...

Oh this one is very good! I've read some good reviews about this book. Looks like I need to get this one faster than I thought! Thanks for this teaser:)

Miss Page-Turner said...

Oh why do you have so few followers? I really like your blog!:)

Pixie said...

I this was a good book. Hope you enjoy - thanks for stopping by Page Turners.

Tales of Whimsy said...

So ominous :)

Great teaser.

My TT is a bit introspective :)