Current Events:

I have been doing some thinking and I've come to the conclusion that I need to take a temporary break from book blogging. NOTE: Any tour stops that I've committed to will be honored. I have decided that I want to combine my love of books, blogging, knitting, movies digital photography and life in general into 1 blog so that I don't feel so overwhelmed. Right now I feel like my book blogging is a job, I already have one of those. My plan is to come back in the near future with a new blog and a new plan.

My Weight Loss Progress

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bloggiesta!

It's on like Donkey Kong!  I'm bound and determined to get my blogs under control!  I don't know how much time I'll be able to spend on it over the designated 2 remaining days but I'm going to do my best.  I've had some things come up in Real Life that take precident over the blogs.

So here's a list of things that I'd like to get done here on the blog (Blue are my list for now):

  • Write reviews.

  • Write backup posts for a rainy day.

  • Write that great post idea from three months back.

  • Work on series posts.

  • Write guest posts.

  • Put out invitations for guest posts.

  • Conduct and edit author interviews.

  • Create template posts for your future reads (ie: title, images, linking, tags, etc,) so you can open up, write review and post without being bogged down with technicalities

  • Clean up your tags, archives, books reviewed list, etc.

  • Create a text file (or Google Doc) of cheat sheets (html codes, post url’s, etc)

  • Improve your blog template, clean up sidebars, add a favicon, install those plugins that you’ve been meaning to do.

  • Add or edit your about me page, review policy, disclosure policy, privacy policy, create landing pages (for example – an about me for Twitter readers page) or any other pages you might have.

  • Any bloggy type housekeeping that you’ve been neglecting.

  • Clean up and update your challenge lists.  Link up your posts with hosts.

  • Make sure all of your social network profiles are up to date.  Be consistent in those profiles with color scheme, images, etc.

  • Go get a gravatar.

  • Visit the Blogging Tips group on the Book Blogs Ning and find ways to improve your blog.

  • Work on any specialized projects that you may have going.

  • Clean out and organize your feed reader and blog subscriptions.

  • Create an elevator pitch.

  • Make business cards.

  • Find a blogging buddy.

  • Analyze and re-evaulate your blog.

  • Back up your blog.

  • Learn more about blogging, read great articles, get inspired.

  • Make sure you have properly copyrighted your blog and know what to do when somebody reposts your material.

  • Brainstorm blogging topics.

  • Manage your feedreader.

  • Help other bloggers, answer questions, share your expertise (let’s face it – this is the best part of Bloggiesta!)

  • The sky’s the limit!
  • 2 comments:

    Jessica Lawlor said...

    Great goals! I definitely have a few of these on my list too!

    Ashley said...

    That's an awesome list! Good luck with it! I hope you get everything done!!