Current Events:

I have been doing some thinking and I've come to the conclusion that I need to take a temporary break from book blogging. NOTE: Any tour stops that I've committed to will be honored. I have decided that I want to combine my love of books, blogging, knitting, movies digital photography and life in general into 1 blog so that I don't feel so overwhelmed. Right now I feel like my book blogging is a job, I already have one of those. My plan is to come back in the near future with a new blog and a new plan.

My Weight Loss Progress

Friday, January 14, 2011

Book Blogger Hop and Friday Follow

Book Blogger Hop
"Why do you read the genre that you do?  What draws you to it?"

I like to read a LOT of different genre's....I like to keep my options open and I'm pretty much always open to learning new things.  But right now the genre that is really tripping my trigger is YA.  It just sucks me in!






What makes up your non-human family??

I have 2 dogs, Gus and Laci (who you can see in my blog header at The Book Junkie's Bookshelf) and 2 $.28 feeder goldfish that refuse to die...that's ok too.  I enjoy feeding them.

10 comments:

The Book Angel said...

Just hopping by via the Hop. I love the YA genre too. I have to say, so far I haven't found one YA book I haven't at least liked haha. Hope you'll hop over to my blog!

http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

Happy Reading! : )

Unknown said...

I can't believe you have THREE book blogs! LOL that's crazy! I find one is a lot of work so kudos to you! Returning the hop. Have a great weekend!

Carmel @ Rabid Reads
Enter my Wolfish Giveaway!

Unknown said...

I love YA too. There's just something with the immediacy of those books that tends to suck me straight into the story.

Howard Sherman said...

Here I am hopping on by...

I went all over the map with this question on my blog. I read and enjoy almost every genre of fiction out there. There’s no way I could just pick one.

So I talked about all of them. Even romance fiction (sort of)! I invite you to hop over to my blog at http://www.howardsherman.net and see for yourself.

Howard A. Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

Heather Lynn said...

just hopping bye to say hello! and i love young adult to it rly does just suck you in. do you read any historical fiction?

heres my blog! http://breathingbooks.blogspot.com/ stop by!

Mina Burrows said...

Hi Jamie! - I'm just hopping by. I love YA too. I'm reading Torment now. Also, I'm now a follower! :)

Mina

http://minaburrows.blogspot.com/

Patty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
YA? Y Not? said...

Hi -
Hadn't gotten a chance to check out all of the blogs on the blog hop until now and yours looked interesting! I almost exclusively read YA fiction (for my job and well, just 'cause I like it). Stop by and check out my blog if you get a chance.

Karen
http://www.yaynot.blogspot.com/

Madigan Mirza said...

Greetings! I'm belatedly stopping by from the Hop. YA is my favorite thing to read as well. I can't remember who said it, but I love the quote, "Nobody ever has to deal with an ex-husband or rent to pay in a YA novel" meaning, it's fun to read because the character's take on everything is so fresh, no baggage.

Shannon (The Tale Temptress) said...

Hopping by! I love YA too because I find the authors of this genre tend to ignore the so-called "rules" and just write a good story. You tend to find so many unique offerings out there.